Mental Health Awareness in the Workplace
|Presentation Style:||Tutor-led Classroom|
|Course Time:||09:30 - 16:30hrs|
|Cost:||Public Courses: £225 + VAT per delegate (call for group discounts)
Closed Courses: please enquire
What you will learn on this Mental Health Awareness course
This training programme is designed to enable learners to understand and recognise mental health problems in the workplace. Delegates will also gain a better understanding of common mental health problems that we all, at some point in our lives will experience. The training will also demonstrate how to promote a greater understanding for a healthy, non-discriminatory working environment to help combat mental health in the workplace.
Session 1: What is Mental Health and Legislation
- Common causes and symptoms
- What can you do to help?
- Mental health and legislation (law)
- Risk Assessment
Session 2: Types of Mental Health
- Understanding some common Mental Health Problems such as:
Depression, Stress, Anxiety, loneliness, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, panic attacks, etc.
Session 3: Recognising and Support Mental Health in the Workplace
- Why is mental health not discussed at work?
- Recognising Mental Health Problems
- Supporting employees and colleagues
- Promoting a healthy workplace
Session 4: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- The principles of CBT
- Understanding thoughts, feelings and behaviour
Session 5: Workplace Adaptations for employees
- What adjustments need to be made at your workplace?
- Support Network
- Helping employees return to work
- Buffet lunch included and free parking (only for courses held at Paradise Training Centre)
- Joining instructions will be sent prior to attending the course
- Make an enquiry via our Booking Form
Free PDF Download
Sign-up to our mailing list and get a free Sneak Peek of our 'Excel Introduction' Training Course Manual: