|Presentation Style:||Tutor-led Classroom|
|Course Time:||09:30 - 16:30hrs|
|Cost:||Public Courses: £450 + VAT per delegate (call for group discounts)
Closed Courses: please enquire
What you will learn on this course
This two-day workshop is about maximising your abilities as a leader of a team.
Understanding the attributes of a good leader, analyse different leadership styles and identify the key elements of a good leader. The following main areas will be considered:
- Understanding the organisational requirements for the leader
- Understanding leadership styles
- Understanding how the leader builds a shared sense of purpose with a team
Course Content - Day 1
- The Learning Log and Action Plan
- Aims & Objectives
- What is Leadership?
Organisational Requirements of a Leader
- Cultures, Values, Ethics
- Levels of Authority & Responsibility of a Leader
- What is a team?
- Impact of a Leader on Personal Objectives & Team Achievement
- Common Vision and Objectives
- Managers Vs. Leading
- Different Leadership Styles and Your Leadership Styles
- Action Centred Leadership
- Adapting Leadership Styles
How a Leader Builds a Shared Sense of Purpose with a Team
- Mutual trust & respect in a team
- Strategies for building trust
- Listening skills
- Motivational Skills
- SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely)
- Leadership develops a shared sense of purpose
- Mission Statements, Vision Statements, Organisation’s Strategy
- Effective decision making
- 6 Hats Technique
- Effects of good and bad decision making
Course Content - Day 2
- What is Communication?
- Communication styles
Dealing with Conflict
- What is conflict?
- Why is conflict good for an organisation?
- Dealing with conflict in a team
- What is delegation?
- The Who and How of delegating
- Gofer and Stewardship
- Self-Assessment of delegation
- What is coaching?
- Golden rules of coaching
- Coaching Individuals
- Coaching Teams
- The GROW Model
- What is Effective Feedback?
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Positive and Constructive Feedback
- Johari Window
- Learning Log & Action Planning
- Buffet lunch included and free parking (only for courses held at Paradise Training Centre)
- Joining instructions will be sent prior to attending the course
Free PDF Download
Sign-up to our mailing list and get a free Sneak Peek of our 'Excel Introduction' Training Course Manual: