Problem Solving & Decision Making
|Presentation Style:||Tutor-led Classroom|
|Course Time:||09:30 - 16:30hrs|
|Cost:||Public Courses: £250 + VAT per delegate, £225 each + VAT for two delegates on the same day (call for group discounts)
Closed Courses: please enquire
|Click a date to book:||No upcoming courses|
Problem Solving & Decision Making Training Course Content
Who is the training course suitable for?
Anyone wishing to develop good strong problem-solving skills, which can make a real difference to your career. A fundamental part of every manager’s role is finding ways to solve the problems you face, so being a confident problem solver is really important to your success. Much of that confidence comes from having a good process to use when approaching a problem.
What you will learn on this training course
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand why problem solving techniques are important
- Consider popular toolkits to understand the real problem
- Identify Alternatives for approaches to resolve the problem
- Understand the process of decision making
- Create an action plan to implement the best alternative
Introduction & Workshop Objective
- What will we cover today?
- What do I want from the day?
- What is problem solving? Why is it important?
- The 4 steps to problem solving
- The Simplex problem solving process
Defining the Real Problem and Alternative Solutions
- Establish the need for a solution
- Contextualise the problem, write the problem statement
- Identify alternative solutions & involve others to find alternative ways to resolve the problem
- Brainstorm for solutions, what is the risk associated with each alternative?
- Screening the alternatives to find the best idea
Understanding how we Make Decisions
- Functions of the brain in making decisions
- How do we think?
- 5 Golden rules of decision making
Decision Making Tools
- Establish which approach is the most likely to solve the problem for the long-term
- Which is the most realistic alternative?
- Decision Toolkits to help with decision making
Plan to Implement the Best Solutions
- What steps should be taken to implement the best alternative?
- Establish indicators of the success of the plan
- What resources will you need in terms of people, equipment, budgets?
- How to effectively communicate and ‘sell’ the plan to others
- Are you achieving the results expected? Is the plan on schedule?
- Buffet lunch included and free parking (only provided for courses held at Paradise Training Centre)
- Joining instructions will be sent prior to attending the course